Hey heyz
Wednesday, August 22, 2007 @ 8:14 PM
Prelim approaches. Somehow I feel really confident for prelims. Haha. Bad sign?
JC life is coming to an end. I think in a short span of 2 years, everyone did mature a lot. These things can be seen from how people act and say in J1 and J2. While of course some din change that much, I think majority did. I learnt a lot in JC of course. Acadaemically and non-acadaemically. Learnt new knowledge on Chemistry, Physics, Maths and Econs. Learnt new skills like bowling and how to reap profits from the masses. Aha. But I think the most interesting thing about JC is how realistic it actually is. The competition in JC is really tough. Just like how the society is like. Backstabbing, selfishness and hypocrisy are things you can find in abundance in society as well. We arent the innocent secondary school students that we were before already. Besides all these, how we learn in JC is also relatively different from how we learn in secondary school. In secondary school, its all about spoon-feeding from the teachers and they would force you to do your work. But you probably wont survive in JC like that. The lecture and tutorial style in JC molds your ability to be independent and disciplined. To take charge of your own learning. You probably wont survive if you din do any catching up at all for A levels until A levels are really approaching. Thats another difference. The standard of education. The standard of education has risen so much that its impossible to catch up in such a short period of time compared to O'levels. Cuz the subjects are really in-depth. Meaning you have to spend a lot of time to understand and get the feel of the subject.
But in JC, I did forge a lot of friendships which are very important to me. Thanks for everyone's company and the fun we went through together.
And this is just a practice for my GP on Monday.